Rail - Buckeye Automatic Fuelling System for Diesel Locomotives
Our Buckeye Automatic Fueling System uses only two basic components: The Adapter and The Nozzle.
The Adapter Assembly:
- The Emco Wheaton Adapter is mounted to the diesel unit at each fueling connection on the locomotive chassis.
- Minimal modification is required for installation. Simply remove existing fuel fittings and replace with the Emco Wheaton Adapter.
- All adapters are equipped with dust caps.
- A manual adapter is available when refueling cannot be done with the nozzle.
The Automatic Nozzle:
- One basic nozzle handles all fueling requirements and provides a fuel flow range from 50 to 300 GPM.
- The nozzle is hydraulically balanced to permit easy opening and shock-free closing.
- This feature makes it possible to save fueling time by starting the pump before attaching the nozzle.
- Increased pumping rates are also possible since higher pump relief valve settings may be used with safety.
- The Emco Wheaton Nozzle assures automatic shutoff when the fuel tank reaches capacity.
- When fuel level reaches the level shutoff tube, fuel transfer is shut off automatically. The tank is full.
- Overfill and underfill conditions are completely avoided. Fuel tank levels are consistent from fill to fill.
- Spill hazard is virtually eliminated.
- Since automatic shutoff is housed in the Emco Wheaton Nozzle and not in the locomotive, bench repairs can be made without involving locomotive downtime.
- This feature keeps the locomotives in service as maintenance takes place.
- The tripping mechanism of the Emco Wheaton Nozzle seals it against dirt, dust and other foreign matter.
- Additional reliability and long service life come from a Teflon piston seal and Teflon bearings.
- Safety features include a test plug for checking pressure and flow rate.
- Fueling operations are eased by a raised ramp on the outlet coupler ring that provides easy nozzle attachment and release from the locomotive.
|Locomotive Refueling System Brochure||Download|
|Buckeye Rail Refueling System Movie Clip||Download|